is all gluten free food low gi?

I have just started a low GI diet and i am struggling to find everyday normal meals that i can eat. I have thought about getting gluten free foods for a low GI, would this work? If not is there anybody on the GI Diet? What meals do you cook?

Favorite Answer

Gluten free foods can contain sugar so they would not be the best choice for this diet. You can eat meat, fish, chicken and all the vegetables you want. Eggs are fine for breakfast. You must limit your starch and sugar intake which at the beginning of your diet, probably means no fruit either. There are many GI diets out there. This website might help you more than than I can.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low-glycemic_diet

Gluten and GI is different so far as I know . gluten is from items like wheat and is difficult to digest and GI refers to glycemic Index which is carb/sugar levels. There are GI indexes available for food or use a diabetic cookbook