I have the option of signing my cell phone over to my employer. Good idea bad idea?

I have two options: 1) sign my existing phone over the my employer. They take control of the account but also take care of the billing. 2) My employer provides me with a SECOND cell phone that I must carry at all times. I wanted to know what people like to do in this situation. Giving your employer control... show more I have two options: 1) sign my existing phone over the my employer. They take control of the account but also take care of the billing. 2) My employer provides me with a SECOND cell phone that I must carry at all times.

I wanted to know what people like to do in this situation. Giving your employer control of a personal devise sounds like a bad idea but it does save me $90/mo and keep me from carrying two devices.