Sierra, if this will help U with Ur Christian friend (i apologize 4 any cruel answers)?

First, thank U 4 hearing him out when you asked him for his thoughts; U sound like a good friend 2 him. . I think Ur friend is simply young & inexperienced .... that he hasn't been though enough of life's experiences, pain & struggles 2 help him matures as a person & follower of Christ. & just living... show more First, thank U 4 hearing him out when you asked him for his thoughts; U sound like a good friend 2 him.
. I think Ur friend is simply young & inexperienced .... that he hasn't been though enough of life's experiences, pain & struggles 2 help him matures as a person & follower of Christ. & just living life will help him to do that, & Jesus Christ will help him, too. And my guess is that you will see him become more relaxed as he becomes more secure within his own self and his own relationship with Jesus Christ.
. Many Conservative Christian young people are being taught that they should not only be celibate until they marry, but also that they shouldn't even kiss until the wedding ceremony. The goal is to keep them from sinning ...... like how a city might set a speed limit of 40 mph, but the police making drivers go 20mph to make sure that they didn't go over the 40 mph speed limit.
. He may also be a member of an excessively strict Christian church (as i was once, too) ... that is like a cult in many ways.
. It might help you to be his friend if you were able to read some of what he is reading ... not accepting it if U don’t want to, but just to understand him. Some books I think might help U to understand what is going on with him better are books from New Life Ministries, newlife.com, and "Churches that Abuse" and "The Subtle Power of Spiritual Abuse" (by David Johnson & Jeff VanVonderen). And as a counterbalance to all that he is saying, you might like books by Max Lucado & listen to Dr. Mark L. Walker @ Mount Paran North Church of God in Marietta, GA (& website). They may be able to help you with any follow up questions & concerns U might have.

I hope that helps you a little bit, Sierra.
I will be praying for you and your friend.
T
I am so very sorry if U deleted Ur question because of cruel answers; i understand (have had many myself).
Update: There is no "Best Answer" in this case; the one answer that was made was abusive & violent & does not meet Yahoo!Answers guidelines.)
Update 2: Hi,IB.Thank U 4 Ur caring answer.To fill U in,Sierra had left a?; S was an atheist&had a Christian male friend who'd explained that in his religion she'd be considered a ***** because she wore make-up,modern clothes,etc.She was asking4advice...&she'd received so many abusive comments frm Christians... show more Hi,IB.Thank U 4 Ur caring answer.To fill U in,Sierra had left a?; S was an atheist&had a Christian male friend who'd explained that in his religion she'd be considered a ***** because she wore make-up,modern clothes,etc.She was asking4advice...&she'd received so many abusive comments frm Christians she'd deleted her?before i could answer her...so i left this for her,hoping that she'd find it&it would help her.
1 answer 1