Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMen's Health · 7 years ago

When will I hit my growth spurt and how tall will I get?

I just turned 15 this month and I'm not sure if I'm in the middle of it or if I haven't hit it yet. How long do they last. I'm about 5 feet 4 inches, my mom is about 5 feet 7 and my dad is probably 5 feet 6. My older sister is 18 and we are the same height. I don't know about the rest of the family but I heard that my mom's side of the family is mostly tall and my dad's is short except for his dad and nefiew who is in his mid 20's.

• SIX6UN
    Best Answer

Yes, you are a bit short. So then go! See a doctor and read on. First, you have learned in biology that when your body reaches puberty the long bones become fixed in length. Fixed, second your height is controlled by a hormone from the pituitary gland called: the Human Growth Hormone (HGH). Third, scientists have synthesized HGH making it readily available through doctors who prescribe it to hundreds of rich baseball players like St. Louis Cardinals outfielder Rick Ankiel, and thousands of rich film stars like Sylvester Stallone, oh, oh, and, and occasionally even children who are too, too short.

But, Dude, there are at least Two problems.

One, a narrow window of time . . . This hormone, HGH, can easily bring a short person to a full normal height, if, if, if they get it in time. Time. This stuff will not work if, if your bones are mature, you know, fixed in length.

Second, HGH is so much in demand by rich sports/movies people that . . . many family MDs may be wary of Federal scrutiny. So a Doctor may be reluctant to prescribe therapeutic HGH to the honestly-short boys who really need it. Just wait they often say; everyone will say. The Ignorant among us will chant 'DNA' as if DNA is fate. But realize, lots of the people who are saying, "DNA, DNA, just wait" are really laughing, and it ain't funny.

Your challenge is to get to a Pediatrician, Endocrinologist, or Urologist for a consultation. Then you will really know your situation and options. But, you must do this before your time for help has passed. Also, mentally toughen-up by demanding people around you stop laughing, demanding your folks and friends support you – then get your blood tested and a wise doctor's consultation. Also. Do not listen to silly anecdotes that all go like this: my mother's second cousin was only five-feet tall at his graduation and now he's over six-feet tall! Yeah, right, in what fantasy-world do they live? My last thoughts Remember: Time, HGH (not DNA) toughen up, oh, and Time. Good Luck.

Check out this quote is from a great site – Magic Foundation:

Quote: "What surprises most people is the fact that [HGH deficiency] affects much more than just a child's height. Concerns for families of children diagnosed with Growth Hormone Deficiency include serious problems relating to; heart strength, lung capacity, bone density, immune system function and much more! The entire body is affected if a child is growth hormone deficient! Therefore, it is IMPORTANT to identify children with growth hormone deficiency as early as possible to avoid the permanent internal delays and damage in addition to the potential loss of permanent inches."

References

*St. Louis Cardinals outfielder Rick Ankiel received a 12-month supply of human growth hormone in 2004, the New York Daily News reported Friday, September 7th, 2007.

*Famed "Rocky" star Sly Stallone . . . was caught smuggling 48 vials of human growth hormone into Australia [without a prescription] . . . he pled guilty and . . . [brags about his use of HGH.]

• Sean

A traditional method states that you will end up being twice the height you were at age three.

People hit their puberty spurts at different ages, usually anywhere between ages 10 and 16 is when you see the greatest change. Some spurt quickly, some more slowly.

Based on the information you have given, a genetic hint tells me you might grow another inch or two max. If you have been going to a family doctor with some regularity, they may be the best one to tell you at what height you'll end up at.

• Merlin

Well you already had your first one

you are in muscle growth stage at the moment.

As to your final height = your parents are quite short

so you will have to wait and see if you get another one.

M

• corbo

Take Zinc and Calcium supplementations to assist advance your bone dexterity. yet take them 6 hours aside so they take up properly on your physique, by no potential take them on the comparable time EVER. additionally Yohimbe, it will advance your intercourse stress up, subsequently increasing testosterone meaning you will develop and puberty could have a extra appropriate threat of increasing into your 20's. Do leaping exercises, play basketball or shoot hoops extra, leaping action enables amplify leg bones. additionally diet D is amazingly important. the significant answer is appropriate food or supplementation on your case by way of fact, when you consider that your dad is 6'a million you have to be a minimum of 6'5" if no longer, you're the two no longer drowsing adequate, exercising adequate, or are no longer eating adequate.

Grow Taller For Idiots Program - http://GrowTallerSteps.com

Grow spurts don't exist - and at 15 you will grow naturally according to your genetic pattern until you reach full maturity