Can headphone wires be fixed ?

Just as all the others have gone bad, my latest set has too, due to accidentally dropping Sony walkman..Now one side is either totally gone or intermittent..Why don't they make this stuff with stronger wire and or connections to the speakers or jacks already !?? They should be made so that each end of wire... show more Just as all the others have gone bad, my latest set has too, due to accidentally dropping Sony walkman..Now one side is either totally gone or intermittent..Why don't they make this stuff with stronger wire and or connections to the speakers or jacks already !?? They should be made so that each end of wire plugs in, not just radio end ( into female jack)..This way you'd have a better chance devices would unplug /separate first instead of tear away internal ultra thin wire...Or make them so sleeve on wire is much thicker so as to be able to grasp/protect jack (s) from tearing away..I am SO SICK of this literal rip-off forcing one to buy yet another set of phones/ear buds....!!
2 answers 2