Parents hit me. Please help?

This has happened times before but tjis time was the only time I bruised. For 2 years, I've gotten into arguements with my parents. They would hit me and i'd pull out a small knife just to scare them. I would never hurt anybody. They've called me crazy and said I needed paychological help. I believed I did for a long time. They always think I'm in a bad mood and speak to me like I'm worthless.(and on top of that, my teachers dont support me and i was told yesterday by my math teacher that I "Never Listen" in front of the whole class. I'm a middle child btw. And yell. I yell back. They don't buy me new clothes, I only get clothes when my grandma gives me money on holidays and I had to beg for my birthday present last year. But last night, my mom and i came home from the store and i got on the laptop which is the only one we have in the house and my dad comes and says "i'd like to use my computer sometimes." In a mean tone. I say things in mean tones also. But, i told him no even though I was done using what I needed to on it. And it started grabbing it from me very forcefully so I bit his arm. Then he hit me and I threw a plastic cup at him. My mom was there also. And lil sis. I feel sorry for her. But we kept fighting and my dad and mom both pinned me down and started hitting me in the face very hard. They even choked me for a whole minute but I got myself out of it. I went to my room and cried all night.

I woke up this morning and i didnt notice my face was "bloodshot" and red around my nose eyes, and neck. My face hurts really bad and I'm crying and scared. This has also caused my grades to go down. Please help me. Anybody.

Thank you for all your kind answers and concerns so far. I really believe my parents are good people. They really are. I'm not always a victim nor are they. I've been very privledged for most of my life but I'm just tired of being torn down by everyone and feeling like nothing and having to put a fake smile on everyday. The only place I feel confortable is at my school. And I don't want to go in foster care nor get my parents in jail. Just please help me.

Favorite Answer

Okay, obviously I agree with some of the answers. You DO need to tell someone you fully trust. And I think that the best thing to do - since you don't want your parents to end up in jail or you in foster care - go for family counseling. This can really help because it gives you all a chance to talk and open up to each other and get to the root of your problem and possibly find a solution. There HAS GOT to be a good reason for this. Also, you mentioned that sometimes you pull out a knife or yell and things. I'm guessing you're angry. I know you said you don't hurt anyone, but maybe try and control your anger in a different way. Like breathing in and out, or squeezing a stress ball, you know. You can totally make things better... good luck. :)

• That is child abuse, and they should find other ways to express there anger at you instead of physically hurting you. It probably doesn't help much that you bite and hit them back though. But your parents are NOT allowed to do that, it is against the law. So if I were you, I would go to someone you trust for help. Like a friend, a friends parent, a neighbor, a teacher, anyone! And if its really how you put it, and your not doing well, and your not getting what you need to "survive" so to speak, then call the police. They will help you through this problem, and they will get you the help you need. But you shouldn't be getting abused by your parents like this. I hope this helps! I hope all turns out well for you! :)

Source(s): I know some people like you! :)

You need to speak to someone lovely! In no way is this right, and you have to know that in no way is this your fault! You've obviously been brought up in a tough environment, and you don't know how else to deal with certain situations. I recommend highly that you see a psychologist, not for your issues within yourself, but mainly for the issues you have with your parents. I know it's hard, even though thay treat you like nothing, to stand up against them. You could have easily been seriously injured last night and ended up in a hospital bed, or even worse. Getting professional help looks like the safest option, and even though it will feel wrong in some ways, it's the only way you will be able to get this off your chest and stop it from happening. What your parents are doing to you is illegal, and needs to be stopped. Keep you head up lovely, things will get better! x

Im very sorry to hear about this!! you need to tell a counselor or someone you know will help you! You should also consider calling Child Protective Services 703-228-1500 Although you may love your parents, you have to take matters into your own hands and do what is best for you. no one deserves to be treated like that! God Bless You!

I hope you are doing ok.

Tell your school, but only if your ready to be taken into someone else, home and care. So beware of that or call the police before take pictures of your injuries.

EDIT: I've seen you latest edit. I'm so sorry, I didn't realise it was that bad. But you've got to talk to someone about it, you get a choice if you want to get them chucked in jail, or have a talk, you can't let this go unnoticed though, your health is your priority. Keep that in mind. Good luck.

Try and move in with a friend or relative, because social services is a really hard thing to be in, try your hardest to live with someone before going to the government im speaking from history !

Well first you sound like a selfish immature little girl or rebel teenager. Straighten yourself up and learn to share and have respect. Yes, i do agree that choking and punching should never be done but a slap across the face or butt is acceptable. You obviously need to learn to listen, respect, and have disapline. If i were a mother ide be extremely pissed if my kid talked to me that way- would i beat them? Absolutely not. But you need to understand they have jobs, lots of stress and probably financial problems too. Talk to them and make peace instead of pulling out weapons or attitude to defend yourself.

Source(s): Good luck! Teenager

I agree you should tell someone. You cant be pinned down like that or hit for nothing. Someone else will take custody and love you better.

what's your question? Seems like the whole family needs a, little guidance of you see them angry let them finish then explain your self seems like there is no communication pray for patience tell them how they make u feel they might not have no idea

My mother is bipolar and is always beating on my dad and freaking out, we were then forced to call social services.

I think you should see your guidance counselor at school, they will help you sort this out.