MM
MM asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsDiabetes · 8 years ago

I will be 65 soon and want to know what is a good lowcost plan to go with medicare?

I will get Medicare in a few months and I need a good low cost plan to go with Medicare.

• Zarnev
    Favorite Answer

You have your choice of either a Medicare Supplement or a Medicare Advantage plan. You can only have one type.

First off, you'll need to understand the differences between the two types. You'll need to know that a Medicare Supplement come in several different flavors ▬ Plans A, B, C, D, F, hdF, G, K, L, M, and N. You'll need to know that Medicare Advantage plans can be either HMO, HMO/POS, PPO, PFFS, MSA, SNP, Dual, Cost, and PACE plans. You'll need to know what is available in your area, because these plans are state and sometimes even county or zip code specific.

You'll need to know how to get your drug coverage, and you'll need to know that there is a penalty should you not get that coverage when first eligible. Medicare Supplements do not have drug coverage so you'll need to get a separate stand-alone Part D plan. Many, but not all, Medicare Advantage plans do have drug coverage available and some of them have a $0 premium in many areas. Drug costs are one of the biggest differences between plans.

Contact an agent that works with all of the major companies in your area. The agent can explain the plans and what you get and don't get with each type. A good agent can also do a cost analysis to find out how much you'll be paying including premiums and any co-pays or deductibles that may be with the plan. There is no charge using an agent.

Source(s): Independent Ägent Certified Senior Advisor®

I doubt anyone goes to say no Medicare at sixty five, or 66, or 67. Situational morality apart, info stay the identical, best picks range. Most of us HAVE paid into Medicare all of our working lives. VA entitlements had been earned, now not granted. If the govt. Will return all of the Medicare and different social program taxes we've paid in, they are able to keep Medicare. That "ain't gonna happen" because the boastful, corrupt politicians of both parties have spent us close to out of business. If BO and most of the other dems continue spending, as in wellbeing care deform, chapter is inevitable.

• Kini

If you are looking for a Medigap policy, they are regional. Look on the Medicare home page to find one in your area. Cost varies tremendously by region. You can go to any insurance agent who sells Medigap policies.

If you are talking about an Advantage plan, that is also regional. These are described in the book they will send you within 90 days of your birthday.

• ?

I got a referral for help from my insurance agent...just a thought