What's the best way to transfer video from a canon AVCHD canon HF m31 flash memory camcorder?

I am not an amateur at this i've been editing for years. I recorded a musical for my sister that is two parts, the first half and the second. I can see on the camcorder that it is only two scenes which is correct. However, when I transfer my video using Windows, it automatically splits it into multiple scenes,... show more I am not an amateur at this i've been editing for years. I recorded a musical for my sister that is two parts, the first half and the second. I can see on the camcorder that it is only two scenes which is correct. However, when I transfer my video using Windows, it automatically splits it into multiple scenes, each that are around 1.9gb in size. When i piece these together in Adobe Premiere Pro, there are about 3 dropped frames at the start of each of these created "scenes." I know that it must be the transfer that messes this up because when i plug my camcorder into my TV, everything plays perfect no problem. I don't have the included software that came bundled with the camcorder and there is no way to get it because apparently it doesn't exist anymore. You can only download an "updater" from the website in which you need to have the software already installed which I don't because i had to have windows re installed a while back. Is there any other free software that won't split up these two clips into multiple or anything I can do? It's a flash memory camcorder, so you can't "capture" the video with any software. My computer can handle it no problem. i7 processor and 8 gb of RAM. Please HELP!!!!
Update: It's a flash memory camcorder so you can't use the capture feature with premiere. It says you are supposed to just transfer the files to your hard drive but I have done this and i get the dropped frame issue. These "1.9gb size scenes) it makes, each one starts off with a frozen frame for about 2 or 3... show more It's a flash memory camcorder so you can't use the capture feature with premiere. It says you are supposed to just transfer the files to your hard drive but I have done this and i get the dropped frame issue. These "1.9gb size scenes) it makes, each one starts off with a frozen frame for about 2 or 3 frames then continues just fine. I don't know what else to do. I know the video files are okay because I can plug my camcorder into the TV and view all the videos no problem. Everytime I try transferring the footage over the same thing happens.