Game design and development course in college. Questions and is it a good choice?

So I'm planning on doing a 3 year Game design and development course in college. However even though i seem pretty certain i want to follow this as a career i have some questions maybe someone(s) can help me with =) 1.) What is the average salary for a games developer? 2.) What are the best choices of... show more So I'm planning on doing a 3 year Game design and development course in college. However even though i seem pretty certain i want to follow this as a career i have some questions maybe someone(s) can help me with =)

1.) What is the average salary for a games developer?
2.) What are the best choices of work/learning in the games development workforce
3.) Is getting a job in a games development organization really as difficult as people say it is (this keeps putting me off)

Oh and final is should I really pursue this career, I have been thinking of trying for 3D Design OR Computing and IT to further educate into an IT technician

TY so much for anyone who has answers and helpful information.

Philippines