What is different between regular sunscreen and sport sunscreen?

Several years ago, when sport sunscreen was becoming more popular, I put it on my face prior to going outside. Just minutes after putting it on my face my face felt hot and had a burning sensation. I went to my Mom and she said that my face was bright red. My aunt who was over at the time is a nurse and warned me... show more Several years ago, when sport sunscreen was becoming more popular, I put it on my face prior to going outside. Just minutes after putting it on my face my face felt hot and had a burning sensation. I went to my Mom and she said that my face was bright red. My aunt who was over at the time is a nurse and warned me to wash it off my face. After this incident I've stopped using sport sunscreen. This past summer my boyfriend mother seemed to complain when I told her that I couldn't use the sport stuff and she had to buy other stuff. To prove I wasn't crazy I put some on my feet, in a couple minutes my feel became covered in tiny red bumps. And later in the week, I was standing behind somebody who was using sport spray lotion and broke out in a rash where I was accidentally sprayed. I was just wondering what in the sport sunscreen could be causing such a reaction.
1 answer 1