Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 7 years ago

If evolution is true, why doesn't my bicycle turn into a car?

22 Answers

Relevance
  • Frog
    Lv 6
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Actually bikes turned into planes. Ask the Wright brothers.

• Nous
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

If you think you are a Christian why do you not behave like one and post to ridicule Christianity and god?!

Do you think god was too incompetent to be able to use evolution as his tool?!

The Pope, Catholic Church, Church of England and mainstream churches all accept the big bang and evolution!

Lord Carey the former Archbishop of Canterbury put it rather well – “Creationism is the fruit of a fundamentalist approach to scripture, ignoring scholarship and critical learning, and confusing different understandings of truth”!

Nice that Christians and atheists can agree and laugh together even if it is at fundie expense!

But behind the laughter is the despair at the fundamentalists striving so hard to destroy Christianity by turning it from a religion to an ideology!

Surveys suggest that 29% of American Christians are so extremist in their beliefs that they fall well outside of the accepted bounds of Christianity!

• 7 years ago

INstead of proving to the world, repeatedly, that they are morons, why don't morons at least TRY to learn something of what evolution says?

Start with UC Berkeley's "Understanding Evolution" website.

There are innumerable books, websites, documentaries, even YouTube lectures that explain evolution. A person who had a funcitoning brain would use some of them to actually understand something, rather than posting "Look, everyone! I'm a moron" questions.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

because your bicycle is an inanimate object which can't have a variation of a trait, inherit that trait or have differential reproductive success with that trait during a struggle for existence. I don't even know why I would waste my time exlpaining that to you because you obviously don't understand evolution and you obviously don't want to. Time to grow up and leave the nice stories for bed time.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

The theory of evolution describes a biological process that applies to living things that reproduce themselves. Your bicycle does not qualify.

--

Regards,

John Popelish

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

i suppose you are a Kent Hovind fan. he was the first creationist to confuse the term "evolution" with "technology" or any other science that goes against creationism.

i'll tell you why bicycles cannot evolve to cars:

1. they are not alive

2. they cannot reproduce

3. survival of the fittest don't apply to them

4. they are not made of substance that can self-replicate itself (life is)

• 7 years ago

The bicycle and car, both have common features. The wheels, for example.

It's the same with different organisms.

• 7 years ago

Biological processes , might play a role in evolution.

• 7 years ago

Do you consider your bike as a living matter? If so what does your bike feed with? How does it produce energy to be "alive"? How does it "breed"?

I think before asking that kind of a question, you have to know the difference between living and non-living matters.

Here: http://www.differencebetween.net/science/differenc...

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Bicycles did that very thing long ago.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.