Fresh sliced strawberries in cake or a fresh strawberry glaze filling?

I'm trying to make a strawberry and cream cake for my sister's birthday. I plan on filling it with strawberries and cream. Should i cut the strawberries and mix them with the cream or should I make a glaze and layer it inside of the cake under the cream. The cake will be covered in fondant and of course... show more I'm trying to make a strawberry and cream cake for my sister's birthday. I plan on filling it with strawberries and cream. Should i cut the strawberries and mix them with the cream or should I make a glaze and layer it inside of the cake under the cream.

The cake will be covered in fondant and of course i will take the appropriate steps to prepare it for the fondant layer but im not sure how i should fill it. Im worried about too much moisture from the berries. If i make the glazed filling the water from the fruit would be contained and cooked out but if i chop fresh strawberries, mix it with the cream and then fill the cake i afraid the berries will start to seep and ruin my cake.

.....Maybe I can do a layer of cream, then a layer of fresh strawberries with the cake layer on top. IDK Help!!!!! PLZ