Need a new washer and dryer?

I have a 20 year old Maytag Dependable Care Plus washer and dryer, the BEST machines ever. Unfortunately, the washing machine needs repair that really means it is time to buy another set. I am looking for a large capacity, that is still not over 27 inches, to fit into my condo laundry room. The thing is I DO NOT... show more I have a 20 year old Maytag Dependable Care Plus washer and dryer, the BEST machines ever. Unfortunately, the washing machine needs repair that really means it is time to buy another set.
I am looking for a large capacity, that is still not over 27 inches, to fit into my condo laundry room. The thing is I DO NOT want a energy star rated machine!!! Hard to find! I like HOT water when I want hot water. I also do not like front loaders. I have heard horror stories about them being noisy and getting mold. I would be willing to get a stackable unit as long as it is solid and won't cause noise to my neighbors below. I am looking for high quality, non energy star, large capacity, top loading, possibly stackable. Any suggesstions?
Update: If I can't get one that isn't energy star rated....is there a good one that will still give me hot water? Maybe a commerical brand?
1 answer 1