Steve
Steve asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 7 years ago

Any good books that talks about asperger syndrome?

One that breaks it down, what it is, current sciences explaining (biology, psychology, genetics, etc.), and how it affects a person and their surroundings? And for a person who feels he has it, but is undiagnosed.

Best Answer

My brother has Aspergers so growing up, we always had books around the house talking about everything that you mentioned. You could go to your local library and look around there. That's where my mom got most of hers. I'm sorry I don't have a specific title for you. There is a book called "Marcello in the Real World" by Francisco X. Stork. It's about a boy who has Aspergers and autism and his dad makes him go into the real world to learn what it's like. I'm pretty sure this is written from the boy's perspective so it might give you some good insight on what it's like living with Aspergers. I know it's fiction and it's not exactly what you mentioned, but it could be interesting. I hope this helped :)

Asperger's Syndrome: A advisor for mothers and fathers and experts, A mum or dad's advisor to Asperger Syndrome and high-Functioning Autism: the right way to Meet the Challenges and support Your child Thrive, The whole consultant to Asperger's Syndrome,am i able to let you know About Asperger Syndrome?: A advisor for associates and family, Parenting a baby With Asperger Syndrome: 200 recommendations and systems, The Asperger mother or father: How to raise a little one with Asperger Syndrome and keep Your humorousness school Success for kids With Asperger's Syndrome: A functional guide for dad and mom and teachers,

The scientific 'bible' I use is "Asperger Syndrome: Natural Steps toward a Better Life" by Suzanne C. Lawton, N.D.

And I've just written an autobiography and sequel that fit the bill of the second part of your question - "Dafydd Bach: Death of Innocence (My Life of Autism and Asperger's Syndrome: Dafydd Tomos, Hyswain)" and "Dafydd Bach: Death of Innocence: The Sequel (My Life of Autism and Asperger's Syndrome: Dafydd Tomos, Hyswain) " by David Adrian Thomas, Esq.(Dafydd Tomos, Hyswain, is me, in Welsh, my home language, but don't worry, that all the Welsh you'll see in my books as I do not speak or write as fluently in Welsh as I do in English)

If you click on my Yahoo!Answers avatar to the top left of this message, my Yahoo!Answers profile webpage will pop up, and if you click on the words 'About me', a drop down explanation about me and my books will appear that you can read in under five minutes as an introduction to my books, Including how you can free loans of them from Amazon Kindle, who is my publisher.

If you then care to scan down the list below that section 'About me', of Yahoo!Answers questions I have submitted answers to, and click on any that you are interested in, you could very well find my views on biological, psychological, and genetic aspects of asperger syndrome that might be enough to give you a good idea of the nuts and bolts of the condition. Before you get into the heavy stuff, of which there is a mountain out there in the wide, wide world for you read, in every language under the sun, because it is approaching epidemic proportions everywhere, as much because its fashionable as because its a reality in people's lives.

Finally, you will also find that I have persistently found it necessary to draw questioners attention to the 'politics' of psychiatry in the USA, and what the AMA will be doing with the label Asperger's Syndrome and its diagnostic characteristics this coming May. They intend annihilating the condition off the face of the USA by omitting it from the proposed new version of their diagnostic 'bible', the AMA DSM (see URL of a newspaper/magazine article about it below).

Happy hunting

Namaste

DAT Esq 19:28 GMT 23 April 2103

You don't have Asperger's, what you need to do is learn how to be cool. Use this famous actor as a role model and example and imitate everything he doeshttp://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oGdbdvEHZRxmEA1bZ...