Steve
Steve asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 7 years ago

Any good books that talk about asperger syndrome?

and for one who might have it although it being undiagnosed?

Best Answer

Yeah I have 3 for you!

House Rules by Jodi Picoult http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6614960-house-r...

The curious incident of the dog in the night time by mark haddon http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1618.The_Curiou...

Although this one doesnt state that the boy has aspergers many people assume he does (the main character http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4588.Extremely_...

They are all reallly great and interesting novels!! I highly suggest reading all three!!:)

Asperger's Syndrome: A guide for mom and dad and authorities, A parent's consultant to Asperger Syndrome and high-Functioning Autism: the right way to Meet the Challenges and support Your child Thrive, The complete guide to Asperger's Syndrome,am i able to tell you About Asperger Syndrome?: A guide for friends and family, Parenting a youngster With Asperger Syndrome: 200 hints and methods, The Asperger father or mother: How to raise a baby with Asperger Syndrome and preserve Your sense of humor institution Success for kids With Asperger's Syndrome: A realistic advisor for parents and lecturers,

The scientific 'bible' I use is "Asperger Syndrome: Natural Steps toward a Better Life" by Suzanne C. Lawton, N.D.

And I've just written an autobiography and sequel that fit the bill of the second part of your question - "Dafydd Bach: Death of Innocence (My Life of Autism and Asperger's Syndrome: Dafydd Tomos, Hyswain)" and "Dafydd Bach: Death of Innocence: The Sequel (My Life of Autism and Asperger's Syndrome: Dafydd Tomos, Hyswain) " by David Adrian Thomas, Esq.(Dafydd Tomos, Hyswain, is me, in Welsh, my home language, but don't worry, that all the Welsh you'll see in my books as I do not speak or write as fluently in Welsh as I do in English)

If you click on my Yahoo!Answers avatar to the top left of this message, my Yahoo!Answers profile webpage will pop up, and if you click on the words 'About me', a drop down explanation about me and my books will appear that you can read in under five minutes as an introduction to my books, Including how you can free loans of them from Amazon Kindle, who is my publisher.

If you then care to scan down the list below that section 'About me', of Yahoo!Answers questions I have submitted answers to, and click on any that you are interested in, you could very well find my views on biological, psychological, and genetic aspects of asperger syndrome that might be enough to give you a good idea of the nuts and bolts of the condition. Before you get into the heavy stuff, of which there is a mountain out there in the wide, wide world for you read, in every language under the sun, because it is approaching epidemic proportions everywhere, as much because its fashionable as because its a reality in people's lives.

Finally, you will also find that I have persistently found it necessary to draw questioners attention to the 'politics' of psychiatry in the USA, and what the AMA will be doing with the label Asperger's Syndrome and its diagnostic characteristics this coming May. They intend annihilating the condition off the face of the USA by omitting it from the proposed new version of their diagnostic 'bible', the AMA DSM (see URL of a newspaper/magazine article about it below).

Happy hunting

Namaste

DAT Esq 19:31 GMT 23 April 2103