Opinion on Ballet is Fun Turnboard?

Hey everyone--I was wondering what you guys thought about the ballet is fun turnboard. I've heard that it's great and that it really improves your turns, but I've also heard that it's terrible and teaches you to turn flat-footed. Currently I can get a double pirouette if I'm lucky, but I lack... show more Hey everyone--I was wondering what you guys thought about the ballet is fun turnboard. I've heard that it's great and that it really improves your turns, but I've also heard that it's terrible and teaches you to turn flat-footed.
Currently I can get a double pirouette if I'm lucky, but I lack confidence...I freak out for some reason and fall over. I can hold in releve for seventeen seconds though, so it's not like I don't have balance or strength...
Dancers, do you think that the turnboard is a rip-off, or what? I don't know anyone who has one, so I wouldn't be able to try it out. It's $30 (and to a 15 year old, that's a lot of money haha!) so I don't want to spend the money if it's a waste. Thanks so much! :)
1 answer 1