If you fail a GCSE do you have to resit it?

I have my GCSE's next year, and in Wales you're forced to take Welsh for GCSE, because it's compulsory. Which is ridiculous because, not many people speak Welsh and it's a dying language, it's a waste of the GCSE that could be used on a much better subject, that could help you get a job, and I am already taken a language for GCSE, anyway.

And please don't say you'll need it because you live in Wales etc, because I'm moving as soon as I finish school, because my siblings live in London, so I've already planned to live with them.

And also in my school you're only allowed to choose 3 subjects for GCSE which isn't enough really.

Anyway when I get into GCSE, I'm going to purposely fail Welsh or just get a bad mark, so will I have to resit it? Or can I just leave it?

I want to focus on the more important things, that'll help me get the job I want, English, Maths, Science, Spanish etc.

I don't have time to learn about a subject I don't need.

So if I fail it, can I resit it?

• Craig

if you fail it then a resit is unlikely. Exams perhaps, coursework probably not.

And btw universities can see every course you have ever been entered in. It wont matter that much but you might as well just pass it.

yea but you should ask your teachers