Foreign object in eye, now it's red and swollen.?

My boyfriend does industrial painting and is usually covered in it when he comes home. Some how I got some of it in my eye, and because I was upset at the moment I kept rubbing my eyes a lot. Shortly after it felt weird, didn't hurt though, but it was really red. I flushed it repeatedly for some time and he... show more My boyfriend does industrial painting and is usually covered in it when he comes home. Some how I got some of it in my eye, and because I was upset at the moment I kept rubbing my eyes a lot. Shortly after it felt weird, didn't hurt though, but it was really red. I flushed it repeatedly for some time and he looked at it for me and couldn't find anything there. Well it's been like three days and it still is red, mostly at the bottom under the eyelid. It feels weird, leaks a lot when I sleep, the eye only opens half way now, and despite it being mostly red at the bottom it feels like there is something under the top lid. I've been putting eye drops in it and trying not to touch it but I figured it would be back to normal by now, it's starting to scare/annoy me. Has something like this happened to anything else and should I be concerned? Or is it something I haven't given enough time?
3 answers 3