I have a fig tree and every year the raccoons eat ALL the figs. How can I keep the raccoons off my figs?

The raccoons get the figs before they are ripe. Figs have to ripen on the tree - they will not ripen on your counter, so picking them unripe before the raccoons get the them is not an option. Also, my fig tree is like a big bush so putting one of those cone-shaped things on the trunk is not an option because... show more The raccoons get the figs before they are ripe. Figs have to ripen on the tree - they will not ripen on your counter, so picking them unripe before the raccoons get the them is not an option.

Also, my fig tree is like a big bush so putting one of those cone-shaped things on the trunk is not an option because there isn't just one main trunk.

I've considered putting a net over, but it seems like the raccoons could just rip holes in any net I could buy.

Has anyone ever dealt successfully (and humanely) with this problem before? I don't mind sharing with the wildlife, but I would like to have at least a few figs to myself!