Sloppy joe meat is a great leftover to have on hand! You can do so many things with it that allow you to create a completely new and innovative dinner. My family uses the leftovers quite often, and we always have a delicious round two dinner. Some of our favorite ways of using the leftover sloppy joe meat are listed below.
1. Tacos. The meat mixture is great instead of ground hamburger with taco seasoning mix. Use corn chips or doritos as the base instead of taco shells and pile on all your favorite taco ingredients. It creates an original taco salad that is different from the traditional definition and standards of a taco. Buttered corn is a great side dish.
2. Make chili with the leftover meat and eat it over mashed potatoes. It's a classic combination of foods. The sweet sauce from the meat will change up the flavor of your chili and take away some of the spice that might not appeal to your daughter. Sweet chili is equally delicious to a spicy one.
3. Use the meat in your favorite lasagna recipe. Instead of browning hamburger and seasoning it with traditional Italian spices, the meat adds a whole new dimension of flavor. Make sure to use lots of cheese in the lasagna like normal! Cheddar cheese is a great addition as well and pairs nicely with the sweet flavor from the sloppy joe meat. The two complement each other. It's sort of like a chili lasagna! This is definitely one of the most highly requested dinners at my house.
4. The leftover meat makes a great "condiment" for burgers or hot dogs. It's similar to a chili dog or chili burger but with different spices and seasonings. Shredded cheese is once again delicious on top. Have baked beans or macaroni and cheese as a quick side dish.
5. My final suggestion for the sloppy joe mixture would be as a topper for baked potatoes. Have a loaded baked potato bar for dinner. Include things such as the chili, bacon bits, diced onion, sour cream, butter, broccoli bits, and shredded cheese. It's a simple, delicious, and creative dinner idea!