Since when has facebook been so complicated?

Alright so here's the problem. I don't often get friend requests, but the last two times that someone has tried to add me (note, these are people I know) they have basically been automatically declined by facebook and so are only following me. I know this because on my iphone I got a notification that they... show more Alright so here's the problem. I don't often get friend requests, but the last two times that someone has tried to add me (note, these are people I know) they have basically been automatically declined by facebook and so are only following me. I know this because on my iphone I got a notification that they had added me as a friend and I went onto facebook to check it out. When I went on, it became clear that I had no friend request only a notification saying that the said person had subscribed to me. Why is this happening? I only have 780 or so friends so I don't understand? Can anyone help me with this life or death situation? Ok its not life or death, but I'm confused as I don't want people I know who try and add me to think that I have declined their request!
3 answers 3