What is a teenager's favorite book to read?

I am a writer and I absolutely love writing. I want to write something that I love to write about but I also want to write something that my readers like. could you help me and give me some ideas? even if you are not a teenager but have an idea, please tell. Thank you very much

Favorite Answer

My Blog: Best Fantasy Books with effective strong characters. Make a survey of these story themes you will emerge with an answers immediately.

#1o: His Dark Materials series by Phillip Pullman: Young Lyra Belacqua tries to prevent kidnapped children from becoming the subject of gruesome experiments; helps Will Parry — a boy from another world — search for his father; and finds that she and Will are caught in a battle between the angelic forces of the Authority and those gathered by her rebel uncle, Lord Asriel.

#9: The Book Thief by Marcus Zusac: Trying to make sense of the horrors of World War II, Death relates the story of Liesel — a young German girl whose book-stealing and storytelling talents help sustain her family and the Jewish man they are hiding, as well as their neighbors.

#8: The Giver by Louis Lowry: In the future, society has eliminated discord, converting everyone to "Sameness." In three linked stories, Jonas, destined to hold memories of the time before Sameness; Kira, an orphan with a twisted leg; and healer Matty must discover the truth about their society and restore emotion, meaning and balance to their world.

#7: The Hobbit by J. R. R Tolkien: Bilbo Baggins, a respectable, well-to-do hobbit, lives comfortably in his hobbit hole until the day the wandering wizard Gandalf chooses him to take part in an adventure from which he may never return.

#6: A Catcher in the Rye by J D. Sallinger: With the author's death, the classic novel about young Holden Caulfield's disillusionment with the adult world and its "phoniness" will only rise in popularity — and controversy, since it is a favorite target of censors, who often cite profanity and sexual references in their efforts to ban the book.

#5: A Hitchtaker’s guide to Galaxy- A trilogy in Four Parts by Douglas Adams: In this collection of novels, Arthur Dent is introduced to the galaxy at large when he is rescued by an alien friend seconds before Earth's destruction, and embarks on a series of amazing adventures, from the mattress swamps of Sqornshellous Zeta to the Restaurant at the End of the Universe. #4: The Fault in our Stars by John Green: Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few more years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at the Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten.

#4: The Fault in Our Stars by John Green: Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few more years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at the Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten

#3: To Kill a Mocking Bird by Harper Lee: This Pulitzer Prize-winning novel from author Harper Lee explores racial tensions in the fictional "tired old town" of Maycomb, Ala., through the eyes of 6-year-old Scout Finch. As her lawyer father, Atticus, defends a black man accused of rape, Scout and her friends learn about the unjust treatment of African-Americans — and their mysterious neighbor, Boo Radley.

#2: The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins: In the ruins of a future North America, a young girl is picked to leave her impoverished district and travel to the decadent Capitol for a battle to the death in the savage Hunger Games. But for Katniss Everdeen, winning the Games only puts her deeper in danger as the strict social order of Panem begins to unravel.

#1: Harry Potter Series series by J K Rowling: The adventures of Harry Potter, the Boy Who Lived, and his wand-wielding friends at the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Harry, Ron and Hermione must master their craft and battle the machinations of the evil wizard Voldemort and his Death Eaters. The best teen book series written of all time

Cheers!

Vaishnav

I admire your passion and interest, but I must tell you that, personally, I believe catering your story to your reader is dangerous. Someone here on Y!A once quipped, "You're writing a book, not making a sandwich". Don't do it for someone else; write for yourself. Write because your characters demand to be realized, because the story aches to be told; outpour your soul into that, believe in every word, and then, if you're good at all that, you may very well end up with something that readers will enjoy.

Also, asking people what they want will get you a whole host of different answers, and you won't be able to cram it all in. Some readers also can't identify what it is that they truly like. They may say, "an interesting story", when, from a writing perspective, they really mean "convincing characters that make me care about the story". Or they might say, "I liked Harry Potter". What did they like? The writing style? The characters? The magic? The boarding school setting? Of course, there are tried and true methods to telling a great story (great characters, for example), but watch out with catering.

However, if you're still bent on catering to Young Adult ideals... read a bunch of a Young Adult. I think the average teenager these days like a quick and easy read, so they tend to not have complex characters or story lines. (Nothing against teenagers, necessarily; adults have the same faction of shallow literature). People are more interested in plot-driven stories (not necessarily a horrible thing), so they want excitement and intrigue.

I'm in a different faction. I'm 17 (albeit, in college), and I'm a literary snob (and a writer; yay!), so I have high expectations for books. My primary concern when judging a novel is how convincing the characters are as human beings. If I don't believe in the characters, I don't care about them; if I don't care about them, I don't care about the plot; if I don't care about the plot, I don't enjoy the story. So it goes.

Every teenager does not have the same taste in books. Don't worry about any potential readers, worry about you and what you want to write about. If you go into it attempting to cater to anyone who may happen to read your story, you're just going to lose confidence and interest in the story. Even if everyone here gave you an idea, you'd have no idea what to do with them because I guarantee you that they'd all be very different. Write what you want to write about and if people don't like it, that's their problem.

• Miss T

The Hunger Games

Twilight

The Vampire Diaries

I love talking to writers. However, saying I'm a writer and love writing is kind of redundant.

I'm not a teen anymore, but I did finish a novel that's about witches.

I personally enjoy stories about supernatural things; witches mostly, hence why I wrote the story.

Being someone who loves writing, maybe you could help me with ideas as well:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Aiu2i...

what teenagers love most is anything or any story that is more than ordinary, that which brings them out of their ordinary life or makes their ordinary life somehow different

like harry potter

like alex rider

even twilight

even hunger games

thats what we love, these books while reading them somehow teleport us into their own world, but just as spectators

Source(s): Good luck

There's no one category. Write what you want to write and your passion will show through. Teens will love it.

Source(s): Author, See my profile in Yahoo Answers.