Do people that lose their memory of the past after a car accident recover their memory? How long?

Hi, My boyfriend was involved in a car accident 2 weeks back and was in a coma for 4 days. Now he is awake and is at home resting. He is in a very bad shape and he cannot walk again. The thing that concerns me the most is his memory lost. He does not remember anything at all. He doesn't remember his name,... show more Hi,

My boyfriend was involved in a car accident 2 weeks back and was in a coma for 4 days. Now he is awake and is at home resting. He is in a very bad shape and he cannot walk again. The thing that concerns me the most is his memory lost. He does not remember anything at all. He doesn't remember his name, his age, his friends, his family and of course, he doesn't remember me at all. He treats me like a total stranger and I feel devastated as we planned to get married. Will he recover his memory? How long will it take for him to remember? He says he feels frustrated as he cannot remember anything. No one is forcing him to remember or pressurizing him in any way. Just wondering if he will remember his past.
1 answer 1