Jolteon or Raichu for black 2?

I currently have a jolteon, which I've ev trained since level one, but I'm wondering if a Raichu would be better. Here are my Jolteon's current stats:

Lv. 74

Ability: Volt Absorb

Nature: Bold(-attack, +defense)

Attack:96

Defense:167

Sp. Atk:196

Sp.Def:170

Speed:212

Its moves are: Yawn, Charm, Signal beam, and of course thunderbolt.

Should I keep it or should I trade it for a Raichu and train that one instead?

Favorite Answer

To start, let's look at their base stats:

Raichu:

60 HP / 90 Atk / 55 Def / 90 SpA / 80 SpD / 100 Spe

Jolteon:

65 HP / 65 Atk / 60 Def / 110 SpA / 95 SpD / 130 Spe

Both of them are special sweepers. I suggest breeding back to an Eevee.

If you really feel like tweaking your pokemon to maximum effectiveness, meaning ev's, iv's, everything:

A scout Jolteon:

Jolteon @ Choice Specs

Nature: Timid (- Atk, + Spe)

Ability: Volt Absorb

252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

- Shadow Ball

- Thunderbolt

- Baton Pass

- Hidden Power [Ice]

Shadow Ball - coverage, Thunderbolt - STAB, Baton Pass - scouting, Hidden power - coverage

if you're not willing to put the time and effort into this, then:

Jolteon @ Choice Specs

Nature: Bold

Ability: Volt Absorb

- Thunderbolt

- Shadow Ball

- Baton Pass

- [Filler]

Thunderbolt and Shadow Ball are coverage. Baton pass is the same purpose. The last move is a filler. No status moves there.

This is, assuming, you know what ev's are and how to train pokemon in them.

Source(s): Experience
  • cope

I in my opinion wish to educate anything i want, so instruct anything you need! Make certain at least that every of your six per group has one other important sort. Preclude twin typing (though having a Lapras (WATER/ICE) and a Slowbro (PSYCHIC/WATER) is alright). Avert an overall weak point (Steelix, Venusaur, and Venomoth would not be excellent in the identical group because of their weak point of fireside). Mathematically setting up groups kinda sucks the enjoyable for me. I am a believer in EV/IV coaching for battles against human gamers and put up-sport, however as a narrative-run workforce? Nah. If you have crisis figuring out which Pokemon to decide on or you're tired of those you've gotten turn out to be cozy with, try a Nuzlocke rule the place that you would be able to simplest capture the primary Pokemon you come upon in an field. You'll be able to take a group with Blastoise, Beedrill, Fearow, Raticate, Tentacruel, and Golem to the Elite 4. Common Pokemon will also be good too. Though I do not know about Beedrill... ^^*