What are some good starter veggie for a greenhouse? Are there any good instructional websites for first timers?

So my father is going to help me build a greenhouse next weekend, (just a cheap hothouse) and I don't yet know what to plant in it. I have no prior experience with planting and don't know much about what kind of vegetables to plant. My grandfather is an avid gardener and my father built him a greenhouse as... show more So my father is going to help me build a greenhouse next weekend, (just a cheap hothouse) and I don't yet know what to plant in it. I have no prior experience with planting and don't know much about what kind of vegetables to plant. My grandfather is an avid gardener and my father built him a greenhouse as well and he says tomatoes and cucumbers are a good start.

I was also thinking of planting peas, peppers and leaf lettuce as well as some herbs.

Do these plants survive well in a hothouse? Are there other things worth planting in a greenhouse? Also are there any good instructional websites for beginners in this matter?

Thanks!
1 answer 1