Can anyone find the actual gun control bill that was shot down in congress?

I don't want to debate anything. I can't find the actual bill itself on the internet.

Was it one bill or several bills that were shot down?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

There were actually several. But I'm guessing you mean the Manchin-Toomey Background Check bill.

Here's the link.

Check out this excerpt of the bill:

(c) Prohibition of National Gun Registry.-Section 923 of title 18, United States Code, is amended by adding at the end the following:

"(m) The Attorney General may not consolidate or centralize the records of the-

"(1) acquisition or disposition of firearms, or any portion thereof, maintained by-

"(A) a person with a valid, current license under this chapter;

"(B) an unlicensed transferor under section 922(t); or

"(2) possession or ownership of a firearm, maintained by any medical or health insurance entity.".

(d) Technical and Conforming Amendments.-

Do you see the loophole that I can drive a truck through concerning Gun Registration? The AG cannot consolidate or centralize the records. What about somebody else? How about the FBI Director? Or Secretary of Homeland Defense?

• 3 years ago

Obama does want more effective governmental controls on human beings and a lot less freedoms for persons i think it really is in ordinary words a remember of time until eventually someone that he places right into a black gown will attempt to take our guns. Obama gained't do it instantly, he doesn't do something instantly. And no, regulation abiding electorate ought to not ought to sign up guns with the authorities. this is a rustic equipped on freedoms for the human beings - those freedoms would properly be taken faraway from those who damage the regulation. toddler molesters ought to sign up their whereabouts with the authorities. You and that i have all a similar skills to molest little ones as does someone already convicted of it - ought to anybody ought to sign up their whereabouts with the authorities besides? Anti gun advocates are the in ordinary words anti crime crew who needs to get rid of from regulation abiding electorate rather of the regulation breakers. there is already a regulation prohibiting bringing handguns into faculties. note of that the in ordinary words human beings this regulation restricts are probability-free, regulation abiding gun vendors. The criminals nevertheless herald their guns - seems stupid, doesn't it? Why not make regulations that say in ordinary words regulation abiding electorate are allowed to convey their guns to varsity - then a minimum of the criminals doesn't be the in ordinary words ones armed. finally, certain the 2d modification says we've the right to save our guns. Judges in the present day not trust that they are "umpires", making confident that court docket hearings are held in accordance to the regulations of the game (the structure) - they trust that that is their job to make the regulations as they see in good structure. in some unspecified time sooner or later, perhaps quickly, perhaps lengthy from now, the authorities will come to take the guns faraway from the regulation abiding electorate - if each and every of the legal guns are registered, then in ordinary words criminals will be allowed to save theirs. not in any respect, not in any respect, not in any respect sign up guns.

• J M
    Lv 7
    7 years ago
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.