Youtube. If I make a video, post it on youtube to make profit (partnership, etc). Can I have a remix of a song?

Can I have a video of let's say, news or a let's play video, and put a remix of a song in the audio? Basically, does all music in youtube videos have to be 100% original, or permission asked? And if so, let's say a song from Final Fantasy 9 was covered by an independent artist online, could I just ask... show more Can I have a video of let's say, news or a let's play video, and put a remix of a song in the audio? Basically, does all music in youtube videos have to be 100% original, or permission asked? And if so, let's say a song from Final Fantasy 9 was covered by an independent artist online, could I just ask that 1 person for use of their remix of the song? I'm not sure how "covers" and "remixes" are affected by copyright laws, and then if I want to use something that is a 'cover' or 'remix' of somebody else's, do I only need their permission? Or is it hands off completely'? Thank you!