Ello asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 7 years ago

low calorie, low fat, low carb, low sodium?

i'm trying to lose weight by eating healthier and by exercising but im on this website called allrecipes looking for things that i could make but there are categories like low calorie, low fat, low sodium, and low carbs. so what option should i pick if i wanna actually lose weight the best?

thank you

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Go for a high protein, low carbohydrate, high saturated fat, and low sodium diet. Eating things like avocados, whole grains, chicken, turkey, fish, are all good choices.

The answerer above me is wrong in saying that fat makes you fat, it's actually quite the opposite. Although there are bad fats, carbohydrates are really what's going to cause you pack on the pounds. Carbs include things like sugar and starches, and the simple carbohydrates cause you to gain weight most rapidly. Fats on the other hand actually help to burn other fats, provided you're eating the right ones. You want to eat fats that are good for you like the ones found in avocados, olive oil, chicken, and fish, and try to stay away from the ones that are bad like those in chips, fried foods, or dairy.

Hope that helps!

• Brad
    Lv 4
    7 years ago

There is really no key to fat loss. A lot of bodybuilders have a macronutriant ratio of 50% protein, 20% fat, 30% carbs. I can attest that when I've uped my fat macro from 20% to 35% or so I've lost more weight.

It also has to do with when you eat. All of you daily carb allowence should be eaten before 2pm. Protein with every meal and snack. And healthy fats (monounsaturated, unsaturated) should be eaten after 4pm until bed, this will keep your late night cravings down.

Another technique is carb cycling. For three days have little to no carb, day 4 have a little amount of carbs, 5 and 6 eat a lot of carbs then repeat. I haven't tried this so I can't offer my opinion on its effectiveness. Do some reseach if this is the route you take.

And remember this works well for those who lift, crossfit, mma, etc, on the regular.

• James
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

Definitely low carb. I've lost over 20kg in the last year.

Low fat & low calorie don't work. If they did we'd all be skinny.

Just ignore low sodium.

• 7 years ago

i would pick low fat because fat is the one that makes your body look big try loseing aleast 100g of fat a day and take in enough fat

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.