how do i get rid of a squirrel?

Lately, there has been a squierrel harrasing my dog and eating his food, my dog won't do anything about it. please no violent or harmful ways or traps, i do not want to harm the squirrel or my dog.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Rent a coyote. Or take up falconry Let nature take its course.

Seriously... squirrels stay because there is a good food source. Cover the dog food if it is outside. If you have a bird feeder, move it or get a sqirrel proof model.

If you want to trap it.. there are a lot of live traps that will capture the critter.. but wait til August in case it is a parent and nursing young. By then the pups will be grown and on their own (although you will have more of them to trap.).

• Login to reply the answers
  • 7 years ago

You have to set up a big trap. Its kind a like mouse trap, but with a squirrel. What you have to do is call the Krusty Krab and ask for sandy. She can talk to the animals and she will tell the squirre to go away!

• 7 years ago

I saw some animal traps at home depot. You can try to attract it to the trap and release it somewhere else. That way no harm done.

• John
    Lv 5
    7 years ago

get a live animal trap put a ear of corn it he will find it catch it take to the woods or park and release it its really that easy the squirrel will be alright

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.