Malware removal, i tried scanning with anti -malware programme but it didn't help?

i was downloading movies and i caught this annoying program that calls itself searchresults.com, it shows up as my home page whenever i start chrome or explorer. the way i dealth with it was remoced my chrome and dowloaded another one but after two clicks i got the annoying malware homepage again, and scanning... show more i was downloading movies and i caught this annoying program that calls itself searchresults.com, it shows up as my home page whenever i start chrome or explorer.
the way i dealth with it was remoced my chrome and dowloaded another one but after two clicks i got the annoying malware homepage again, and scanning with anti malware does not recognize it, so i couldn't remove it.

any suggestions?
Update: i tried system restore and my computer says it cannot restore to the dates i choose??? i tried malwarebytes and it says i got no malware problem, the scan turned up with nothing going on some computer blog would annoy me way more than this very annoying malware page i picked up, but thanks for your... show more i tried system restore and my computer says it cannot restore to the dates i choose???
i tried malwarebytes and it says i got no malware problem, the scan turned up with nothing
going on some computer blog would annoy me way more than this very annoying malware page i picked up, but thanks for your answer....

i'll just wait for my brother to visit and get rid of it i guess...
Update 2: thank you, cadly, once i knew what to look for i found it hidden under a system file icon and a name "default new tab", removed it and my chrome is now back to it's normal self. so do i still start computer in safe mode and all that jazz, or is that in case removing it alone doesn't work? these... show more thank you, cadly, once i knew what to look for i found it hidden under a system file icon and a name "default new tab", removed it and my chrome is now back to it's normal self. so do i still start computer in safe mode and all that jazz, or is that in case removing it alone doesn't work?

these silly wankers will not let me choose your answer as the best one, coz they cannot even get a web page to work properly never mind defeating the fritzle, but i give you my 5 stars, and thanks again.