How does the schooling system work for adults in the Los Angeles area?

Back in Canada, in the city of Montreal, there are two main Public colleges and universities a student may attend and over 10 Private colleges.

For instance, one student may go to either Dawson College or Vanier College (public).

Or Concordia or McGill University (public)

Or, if the student wants a smaller class size and doesn't mind paying over $10k, they can go to CDI College, Herzing, O'Sullivan College or LaSalle College.

Can anyone give me a rundown of the colleges and universities in Los Angeles please? Because when I try to Google search Los Angeles colleges or universities, I get a buttload of online schools. I don't want online, I want a list of fully accredited colleges and universities. The only ones I know about are USC and UCLA. But there must be more out there no?

Oh! I totally forgot to add which field I wanted to take:

Computer Programming.

I have no prior education or experience but 4 years ago, I had worked for a software company and I was a QA tester. I wouldn't mind doing that again, but I realized that I couldn't keep up with the industry but now I feel I could and have the patience to keep up.

Computer Programming.

Favorite Answer

This is from wikipedia. You might have to sort through the "private colleges" to weed out the for-profit ones:

There are three public universities located within the city limits: California State University, Los Angeles (CSULA), California State University, Northridge (CSUN) and University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA).

Private colleges in the city include the American Film Institute Conservatory, Alliant International University, Syracuse University (Los Angeles Campus), American InterContinental University, American Jewish University, The American Musical and Dramatic Academy – Los Angeles campus, Antioch University's Los Angeles campus, Biola University, Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science, Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising's Los Angeles campus (FIDM), Los Angeles Film School, Loyola Marymount University (LMU is also the parent university of Loyola Law School located in Los Angeles), Marymount College, Mount St. Mary's College, National University of California, Occidental College ("Oxy"), Otis College of Art and Design (Otis), Southern California Institute of Architecture (SCI-Arc), Southwestern Law School, and University of Southern California (USC).

The community college system consists of nine campuses governed by the trustees of the Los Angeles Community College District: East Los Angeles College (ELAC), Los Angeles City College (LACC), Los Angeles Harbor College, Los Angeles Mission College, Los Angeles Pierce College, Los Angeles Valley College (LAVC), Los Angeles Southwest College, Los Angeles Trade-Technical College and West Los Angeles College.

Edit: Those are just in the city of Los Angeles. The county has more:

Colleges:

Antelope Valley College, Lancaster

Art Center College of Design, Pasadena

The Art Institute of California - Los Angeles (AICALA), Santa Monica

California Institute of the Arts, Santa Clarita

Cerritos College, Norwalk

Citrus College, Glendora

Claremont McKenna College, Claremont

Claremont School of Theology, Claremont

College of the Canyons, Santa Clarita

DeVry University, Long Beach and West Hills (Los Angeles)

East Los Angeles College, Monterey Park

El Camino College, Torrance

Fuller Theological Seminary, Pasadena

Glendale Community College, Glendale

Harvey Mudd College, Claremont

Hebrew Union College, Los Angeles

ITT Technical Institute, Culver City, San Dimas, Sylmar (Los Angeles), Torrance, and West Covina

Life Pacific College, San Dimas

Long Beach City College, Long Beach

Los Angeles City College (LACC), Los Angeles

Los Angeles Harbor College, Los Angeles

Los Angeles Mission College, Sylmar (Los Angeles)

Los Angeles Music Academy College of Music, Pasadena

Los Angeles Pierce College (Pierce), Woodland Hills

Los Angeles Southwest College, Los Angeles

Los Angeles Trade Technical College (LATTC), Los Angeles

Los Angeles Valley College, Valley Glen (Los Angeles)

The Master's College, Santa Clarita

Mount St. Mary's College, Los Angeles

Mt. San Antonio College, Walnut

Mt. Sierra College, Monrovia

Occidental College (Oxy), Eagle Rock (Los Angeles)

Otis College of Art and Design, Westchester (Los Angeles)

Pacific Oaks College, Pasadena

Pasadena City College, Pasadena

Pitzer College, Claremont

Pomona College, Claremont

Rio Hondo College, Whittier

Santa Monica College (SMC), Santa Monica

Scripps College, Claremont

West Los Angeles College, Culver City

Whittier College, Whittier

Wyoming Technical Institute (WyoTech), Long Beach

Universities

American Jewish University (AJULA), Los Angeles

Azusa Pacific University, Azusa

Biola University, La Mirada

California Institute of Technology (Caltech), Pasadena

California State Polytechnic University, Pomona, (Cal Poly Pomona), Pomona

California State University, Dominguez Hills (CSUDH), Carson

California State University, Long Beach (CSULB), Long Beach

California State University, Los Angeles (CSULA), Los Angeles

California State University, Northridge (CSUN), Northridge (Los Angeles)

Claremont Graduate University, (CGU)

Loyola Marymount University (LMU), Westchester (Los Angeles)

National University, Los Angeles and Woodland Hills

Pepperdine University, Malibu

Southern California University of Health Sciences, Whittier

Southern California Institute of Architecture (SCI-Arc), Los Angeles

Southwestern University School of Law, Los Angeles

University of Antelope Valley (UAV), Lancaster

University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), Westwood (Los Angeles)

University of La Verne, La Verne

University of Southern California (USC), Los Angeles

University of the West (UWest), Rosemead

Western University of Health Sciences (WesternU), Pomona

Woodbury University, Burbank

For a quantity of reasons, we get a bunch of questions asking what it’s fairly like in SoCal. To begin with, i'll inform you what it's no longer like: it can be now not like some thing on television. Individuals watch shows on television and think that’s what it’s like out here. The “actual OC”, Newport beach, The Hills, and so forth. Ever surprise why people in these shows by no means have got to pay expenditures, do laundry, and are never stuck in site visitors? On account that it’s false. And the information doesn’t support either, considering they be aware of that intercourse and sensationalism sells. News flash: There aren’t going for walks gun battles in the road. There aren’t shootouts every day. Also, you don’t see celebrities simply running down the avenue, all glammed up, or sipping a cappuccino at Starbucks ready to sign autographs. We do not log on during lunch hour. Some sections are relatively excellent, others are “ghetto”. Too many persons have this vision in their head that LA and Orange County are one or the other (either Beverly Hills or Compton). They either believe it's a fairy tale delusion or an apocalyptic ghetto. In fact, most of it's working category and center class stiffs working to pay the costs. Like me. The form of meals right here is amazing. New Yorkers come here and complain that the pizza is terrible (it’s not as good as big apple Pizza), however the Mexican meals is great right here. That greater than makes up for it. The weather here is excellent. 340+ days of sunshine makes up for a lot of visitors. You want a auto to live in Southern California. We don’t have an powerful public transportation like new york or San Francisco. One purpose is that LA is greater in discipline than both of those, with no crucial hub. Hollywood is 8 miles north of downtown, and 38 miles north of Disneyland. Average go back and forth is 20-30 miles.. The throughway visitors is traditionally the worst factor about residing here. The 405 is the worst. Comprehend why they name it the 405? On the grounds that you go 4 o' 5 miles per hour, and it takes 4 o' 5 hours to get the place you're going. Throughway traffic is unhealthy from 6-10 AM and unhealthy from three-7 PM. I don't know why they name it rush hour. It is greater than an hour, and no person's speeding, that's for sure. The gangs are the intent of many rumors. Hold in mind that there are gangs in any huge city, in each a part of the country. In LA, the gangs aren't fairly downtown, they're in South LA, East LA, and north lengthy beach. And here is the deal: most of the time, they simply kill each other. Gas is highly-priced in California. It’s about 20-30 cents above the national common. Sure, fuel and actual property are very high priced in SoCal. However, this may be the satisfactory time to purchase a residence considering the fact that it's a buyer's market right now. There are numerous foreclosures, and too many houses in the marketplace. If you wish to rent, figure on $1200 per 30 days for a 1BR in a good nearby. You have to make about $30,000 per yr with the intention to try this. You are not able to do it on minimal wage. Yep, freeways are a drag, it is smoggy in summer season, and high-priced to reside here. Yet, if it is so unhealthy, why do we now have hundreds and hundreds of thousands of people relocating here? Weather, year-round routine, jobs, shores, mountains, and deserts all inside riding distance, and plenty of opportunity for those who have the potential and tenacity. Nonetheless, it's not for every person. At any time when any person posts this query, you get the LA haters who put up their bile and venom. Numerous them don’t recognize what they're talking about. Some persons on no account even seek advice from, and hate it on precept and stereotypes. Some truely visited as soon as, and learned it wasn’t find it irresistible was once on tv, and it certainly wasn’t Mayberry. And some absolutely lived right here, and couldn’t take care of the fee, the traffic, or the fairly impersonal nature of dwelling in a colossal metropolis. It’s simply the tradition here: people want their own exclusive house. It’s style of “you do your factor, I’ll do mine”. To those hateful souls i might say “good success” to you anyplace you are, however please don’t spew your hatred in this forum. To summarize, it’s a tremendous metropolis that rather defies handy description. I are living in probably the most nicer suburbs, but the travel isn't any fun, ordinarily 1-2 hours every approach each day. Nevertheless, 340+ days of sunshine relatively helps. Yeah, it can be high priced. Mrs. Obviousman and i both ought to work to pay the loan. However is it valued at it? Absolutely! Confidential faculties are traditionally better. No tornadoes, however we get the occasional earthquake. The final one we felt used to be based near Calexico. 2 folks died in Mexico, no one in the U.S.. The sizeable majority of quakes rationale very little harm, and are barely felt. That you can go decades between enormous quakes. Not, it's not humid. Best rains about 20 days per 12 months.