Please help. Diabetes question about a 6 year old.?

I would just like some opinions on what type of diabetes this boy would have? T.J., a 6-year-old boy, was rushed to the emergency room in a state of disorientation. His parents report that he has been really thirsty over the past few weeks; he has been waking up two to three times per night asking for water. He... show more I would just like some opinions on what type of diabetes this boy would have?

T.J., a 6-year-old boy, was rushed to the emergency room in a state of disorientation. His parents report that he has been really thirsty over the past few weeks; he has been waking up two to three times per night asking for water. He has also started wetting the bed again, something he hasn’t done for about 6 months. He has also been really tired despite eating a lot more than his friends and his pants are becoming loose. His blood glucose is measured at 413 mg/dL. His urine is positive for ketones. He is diagnosed with diabetes.

My first thought was diabetes 2 but after some research I saw that both types have the same symptoms (low energy, excessive thirst, frequent urination etc.) ... The 413 level I believe means that there is hyperglycemia (if I am not mistaken? ) .. I believe ketones means that there isn't enough sugar (glucose) to be used so the body is using fat as a resource for energy.. I am confused on which type this boy would have? I know type 1 is typically called (juvenile) but I know both types can be diagnosed in all ages and that type 2 is much more common.