I'm feeling kind of down. Can someone help?

Hi. I have a problem. I recently found out that this girl I like(d) doesn't like me back... This does bother me quite a bit, considering this is the first crush I've ACTUALLY DONE ANYTHING TO ADVANCE ON...

As you can see, I've never been in a real relationship, and this is probably my fault, but I told her she was beautiful and she's the only thing I look forward to seeing every day, even if I don't get a chance to talk to her, and now that I know she doesn't like me, I have nothing to look forward to. I'm just the kid who's confused with his life and life in general and hates everything.

BUT THAT'S NOT THE PART THAT MAKES ME SAD/MAD! I wanted the first time I ever called a girl beautiful TO HER FACE to actually mean something... I'm tearing up right now just thinking about it.

So, something I've wanted to do for so many years is now ruined, I have no friends, and going to school is now just like lining up to be sucked into a black hole. Any suggestions on how I can possibly cheer myself up? (No religious answers please.)

Favorite Answer

First, that is so sweet that you did that! Don't ever let this one instance sour you on doing things like that again. Some day, to the right girl...it truly will mean so much!

We can't control how people will react or feel...only how we react and feel. It hurts when you don't get the same feelings back but it happens sometimes. The important thing is to not let it get you down. Hey, you put yourself out there...that takes guts!!! If anything, pat yourself on the back for doing that!

ok...suggestion...music! Music always takes me to a different place and makes me feel good. Listening to it, singing. Try SingSnap.com. I have been a member there a long time and it is a blast. You have to be 14 to join.

Good luck and keep your chin up! :)

Hey, it's alright buddy, there's a LOT more other girls waiting on you out there. But maybe next time, try not unloading all those compliments at once, it might have surprised her, scared her even. Just say little things like, "oh, you look nice today" or "that dress really brings out your eyes", just something simple like that but don't go on and on about it. Getting to know here a little better might also help.

I actually admire you for having the courage to say all that stuff to her face, takes a lot of balls to do that :S

As for cheering yourself up, don't let the rejection get you down too much, she's one out of a trillion beautiful girls out there! You say you have no friends right now, so try and find a hobby, do something you think you may enjoy, whether it may be reading, or gaming or sport. Society says that having friends may be a bad thing, but look on the bright side. It shows that you are independent and are stronger independently than everyone else.

If you do want more friends, that's not too hard either. You can find like-minded people online or go volunteering for something around the community, you'll meet a lot of people there.

Good luck mate, try not to see it as a really down issue, I know it's easier said than done, but try and move on from it.

If this girl is making this much impact on your life then she doesn't deserve you. I really liked this guy a year or so ago and when I finally got brave enough to tell him I did, he LAUGHED at me and walked away. I was furious, upset and just...alone. Well the first thing I did was prank phone call him (not recommending this lol) and after that I just moved on with life. I bet you are a really funny cool person and people will really like you. Just be yourself in your classes and ask homework questions or make a joke. Life feels better when you move on. I still have feelings for this guy, even though he hurt me. You probably will always have feelings for her. That's something you will always have. But remember what she did and that may help.

I feel your pain I have had my heart broken by the hottest most beautiful girl in school but that's when my step dad marshal introduced me to the genre of hip hop or rap and that's what cheered me up. :( I'm sorry to hear this and hope you feel better

Don't feel down. they are many people out there that are going to be crazy about you!!

if she doesn't like you back, then all you gotta do is move on.. find new people, be social and trust me you would awesome people out there.. sorry about that!

GOOD LUCK!!!