my spleen is 13cm with platlet count of 65 they told me normal spleen was 10cm?

I also have hep c with lung cancer in remission with cerebral aneursym

my doctor has said I am chronic and there is nothing they can do why can't I take the hep c drugs is it not my choice whether to take the chance with the medicine rather than do nothing ?

Favorite Answer

Could be result of cancer treatment - spleen takes over a little for the bone marrow that was damaged. The spleen enlarges for that.

Could be hepatitis. Doesn't have to be cirrhosis, but that is also another possibility.

Could be a secondary leukemia, which can manifest in all sorts of configurations on the WBC and symptoms.

If you have chronic hepatitis C - you are usually supposed to take medicine to at least slow the virus down.

• N

You haven't really asked a question.

If your hep C has caused cirrhosis or liver disease then that can cause an enlarged spleen and therefore a low platelet count.

You have some serious medical issues that need to be addressed with your doctor.

Good luck!

Source(s): PA surgical critical care