Any orchid experts around?

I was given an unusual orchid two years ago called Dendrobium Nobile Tin, which, instead of the usual slim-line sort with a thin stem and flowers at the top that are sold widely everywhere, had a very thick stem with white flowers on both sides all the way up. I followed the instructions faithfully cutting it back... show more I was given an unusual orchid two years ago called Dendrobium Nobile Tin, which, instead of the usual slim-line sort with a thin stem and flowers at the top that are sold widely everywhere, had a very thick stem with white flowers on both sides all the way up. I followed the instructions faithfully cutting it back to the first inch at the bottom after it had finished flowering and it grew a new similar stem next to it the following year which had flowers too. I followed the same instructions after the flowers were over and it started growing another stem very quickly. This one looked somewhat strangulated at the bottom but grew plumper above and produced no flowers this year but only side leaves. Now what looks like baby plants are growing at the base from the three stumps throwing out what looks like tiny roots. I haven't got a clue what I should do now. They look too small and fragile to be cut off and transplanted in the rather coarse orchid compost that I have bought for the other kind of orchids that I own. Advice please.
Thank you.
1 answer 1