Would you ever trust an individual with a nuclear weapon?

What about a government?

Favorite Answer

I don't trust anyone with nuclear weapons. Humans make mistakes. Look at what happened in that nuclear power plant in Japan and what happened in that Texas explosion. No matter how many regulations you have; humans make mistakes because to err is human.

Also technology goes haywire every now and then; just look at what happens with the internet sometimes; the more people who have nuclear weapons the bigger the chance of something going wrong.

Also what happens if someone in government gets suicidal or depressed and the person in charge of pushing the button ends up a drug addict and decides to push the button, or whatever they do to activate nuclear weapons? I would never trust an individual or government with a nuclear weapon because human nature is basically flawed.

Depends on the individual. Depends on the government. Some can be trusted, other cannot.

It depends on the individual and the government really.

• Elliot

I wouldn't trust anyone or anything with a nuclear weapon.

No but the U.S has nuclear weapons

Source(s): what does that tell you?

My uncle was captain of a nuclear missile submarine when they had 100% control of the missles and warheads aboard.

I trusted him completely.

Depends on the person, depends on the government.

Great question. Unfortunately we don't have a choice.

We have them. So no.

No and no.