if i owe the state of maryland will they take it out of the federal or DC taxes?

I owe Maryland State taxes. I filed my taxes will MD take it out of my federal or DC taxes instead

3 Answers

  • tro
    Lv 7
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    not your federal, no

    • Login to reply the answers
  • If you owe MD income taxes your federal refund can be offset for what you owe. No other state taxes can offset a federal tax refund.

    As to DC, it would depend upon any reciprocity agreement between MD and DC, but in most cases the answer would be no.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • 7 years ago


    • Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.