Thinking of getting a new camera but dont know whats a better brand?

ok so i was going to get a new camera with more mega pixels and optical zoom but i don't know what to get i was thinking of a canon power shot or the canon EOS REBEL t3i but then i saw this really nice looking samsung WB250F, but my mom said her friend all his cameras are olympus so please help i don't know... show more ok so i was going to get a new camera with more mega pixels and optical zoom but i don't know what to get i was thinking of a canon power shot or the canon EOS REBEL t3i but then i saw this really nice looking samsung WB250F, but my mom said her friend all his cameras are olympus so please help i don't know whats a better brand what im looking for is something that's not to expensive but also not a piece of cheap **** and so if you know of anything about these brands or if you have another fantastic brand that you'd like to mention it would help a lot thank you.