Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964?

My employer is trying to make me work on Sunday while it is against my religious beliefs. If anyone knows the law, can you please tell me more about how this act can help me?

They are trying to get me to sign a paper that states that it is mandatory for everyone to work on Mother's day or we will get fired or have a very long unpaid vacation. Can they do this and get away with it even though it is against the law? Can I sue them if they do?

Please no smart butt remarks or I will report you. This is a serious question and I would appreciate a serious answer relating to this law.

Thank You

Read half way down the wikipedia page where it says Title VII in bold. It protects religious discrimination.

Favorite Answer

Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. The Act: To enforce the constitutional right to vote, to confer jurisdiction upon the district courts of the United States to provide conjunctive relief against discrimination in public accommodations, to authorize the attorney General to institute suits to protect constitutional rights in public facilities and public education, to extend the Commission on Civil Rights, to prevent discrimination in federally assisted programs and to establish a Commission on Equal Employment Opportunity.

There is NOTHING in this Act stating you have the right to NOT work Sunday's due to your religious beliefs nor there is NOTHING in this Act stating you have the right to NOT work on Mother's Day.

YOU really need to read your Employee Handbook.

• molder

An atheist may be considered to be discriminated against on the inspiration of the employer'S non secular ideals. Discrimination on non secular grounds includes by potential of definition NO faith, there isn't any requirement that or no longer that's some prepared sturdy perception device.

Author of book