Electric Boiler - How to use efficiently?

Hi, I have recently acquired a new property (a new build) one bed flat which has a Electric boiler (Gledhill PlusCoil A Class) I have done some research and found that they are notoriously expensive to run. Hot Water - Is it cheaper to leave the boiler on all the time to heat the hot water or just turn it on... show more Hi,

I have recently acquired a new property (a new build) one bed flat which has a Electric boiler (Gledhill PlusCoil A Class) I have done some research and found that they are notoriously expensive to run.

Hot Water - Is it cheaper to leave the boiler on all the time to heat the hot water or just turn it on as and when I need it? there is no timer so I can't set it to come on for a few hours a day. It also takes quite a while to heat up so I would need to put the water on at least an hour before I take a shower!

Heating - The heating in the property is supplied via panel heaters, should I leave these on low constantly to keep the property comfortable or should I set them to come on (the have a timer) for a few hours a day when I am at home?
Looking at online forums most people have said that it costs more to have them on for a few hours as they need work harder to reach the desired temperature.

I'm really struggling to find any definitive answers to my questions and would appreciate any comments.

: )
1 answer 1