Boyfriend, used to be junkie relapsed can he quit again quickly?

So last week my boyfriend admitted to shooting up (morphine injection) on Tuesday. Wednesday morning he tries to OD and after he sobers up a lil takes more. I stay with bcuz i didnt want him to try od again and Said he was gonna quit for good but when he comes to my place later Wednesday night he looks really high... show more So last week my boyfriend admitted to shooting up (morphine injection) on Tuesday. Wednesday morning he tries to OD and after he sobers up a lil takes more. I stay with bcuz i didnt want him to try od again and Said he was gonna quit for good but when he comes to my place later Wednesday night he looks really high said it was because he smoked a bunch of blunts with friends but I'm not sure. He kept nodding off and was still twitching. So I'm not sure if he took more or not. Thursday morning I find a sock with his drug **** in it like needle the lil cup and elastic thing in it so he must've used again sometime I don't know about mayb. I break up with him. He wants to get back together now. He admits he did it again after he left my place. So he did it Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday of last week but now he says he's clean. But can he really just quit like that? Do you think he's still using? I'm quite ignorant when it comes to drugs like this and I just can't believe him. I really do want to get back together with him just not while he's doing that ****.