Visitation rights for my child when her father is an ex-con?

Long story short, the man I got pregnant with ended up being an ex-con and threatened me in a parking lot if I didn't abort. I didn't abort, but went into hiding. I wanted to know if there ever came a time that he found out, or what not, what ways could I get him out of my childs life? He has a... show more Long story short, the man I got pregnant with ended up being an ex-con and threatened me in a parking lot if I didn't abort. I didn't abort, but went into hiding. I wanted to know if there ever came a time that he found out, or what not, what ways could I get him out of my childs life?

He has a criminal background of grand theft/burglary (7 years ago), went to rehab twice for drugs (8 years ago), and I have texts from him saying that he wants nothing to do with me and wants me to abort. I also have a witness to the threats (a coworker), and that's it.

Would I be able to get visitation rights taken away from him? Is this possible? I can't find anything stating what my rights are as a parent in Illinois, but I would like to know if there's any way to save my child from this man.
Update: He does not know she's been born. He has felonies under his name from this grand theft/burglary that he's still on probation for right now, including a recent DUI as well. He is not on the birth certificate, he has no idea where I am or that the daughter is alive. I wanted to know what I would be able to... show more He does not know she's been born. He has felonies under his name from this grand theft/burglary that he's still on probation for right now, including a recent DUI as well. He is not on the birth certificate, he has no idea where I am or that the daughter is alive. I wanted to know what I would be able to do if anything happens where he finds out or whatever.