Can you edit this expository essay ?

If you could go anywhere, where would you go ? Where would I go? I would go to Renaissance-era Italy. Why would I go there ? Art was hitting a growth spurt. The Italian food we all know, and love was starting to be made. And you get visit all those amazing landmarks without as many tourists bugging you.

The first reason to live in Renaissance-era Italy, was the art. During that time, everyone was into art. Today’s legends like Leonardo da Vinci, Michelangelo, and Raphael were still alive, making history. Famous works like the Statue of David, Mona Lisa, or the School of Athens were being made. Being there, seeing it all as it was happening would mind-boggling.

My next reason would be the food. You could get pizza , which was at that time was served without tomatoes, but at least it was authentic. You could get some extremely expensive gelato. Macaroni had made it’s debut as well. Or you could get some nutritious mutton. Even though the food was drastically different than it is today, it was authentic renaissance food.

My final reason to go there would be the iconic landmarks. I would go to the Colosseum even though it would still be in disrepair. I could go to the somewhat recently constructed Leaning Tower of Pisa. And, I would just love to see St. Peter’s Basilica in perfect condition. Going to any of these landmarks would be breathtaking.

In conclusion, I think it would be a good idea to live in Renaissance-era Italy. Even with all the disease, corruption, and low survival rate, it would be worth it. I think it would be worth it to see the art, food, and landmarks. To me, the advantages outweigh the disadvantages.

• Mercy
    Favorite Answer

If you could go anywhere, where would you go ? Where would I go? I would go to Renaissance-era Italy. Why would I go there ? Art was hitting a growth spurt ; the Italian food we all know, and love was starting to be made , and you get visit all those amazing landmarks without as many tourists bugging you.

The first reason to live in Renaissance-era Italy, was the art. During that time, everyone was into art. Today’s legends like Leonardo da Vinci, Michelangelo, and Raphael were still alive, making history. Famous works like the Statue of David, Mona Lisa, or the School of Athens were being made. Being there, seeing it all as it was happening would be mind-boggling.

My next reason would be the food. You could get pizza , which was at that time was served without tomatoes, but at least it was authentic. You could get some extremely expensive gelato. Macaroni had made it’s debut as well ,or you could get some nutritious mutton. Even though the food was drastically different than it is today, it was authentic , renaissance food.

In conclusion, I think it would be a good idea to live in Renaissance-era Italy. Even with all the disease, corruption, and low survival rate, it would be worth it. to see the art, food, and landmarks. To me, the advantages outweigh the disadvantages.

Art works need quotation marks with commas.

http://styleguide.yahoo.com/editing/treat-abbrevia...

Source(s): ret'd teacher

Do not use the word you even in the introduction! Use we or us! The word you is to personal! You are trying to write facts in an expository essay! Other than that make sure you format is in 3 paragraph! About 3-4 sentences in the first paragraph, 6-8 in the body and 3-4 again in the conclusion! Don't say in conclusion rewrite your thesis statement!

Source(s): A college professor that talk to my English class Dr. Shack
  • grymes

notwithstanding you're a vegetarian and have a private concept that animals might desire to now no longer be killed unnecessarily, may be another rely with which you do have very own understand-how might larger extra healthful your desires. Persuasive essays are for persuading persons to look concerns your mindset, or do issues your way or evaluate issues your mindset. What different than vegetarianism do you have got very own understand-how? activity?? An essay with regard to the cognitive reward of general enterprise, persuading women and adult males human beings to advocates of activity. Or settle on on another form of sport, like Tai Chi, convince that Tai Chi is worth besides the actuality that it fairly is practiced very slowly. you likely might convince somebody to eat broccoli or Tofu. pass narrow on your scope for the essay and you additionally can locate you have inner maximum adventure which will artwork nicely on your essay. convince persons to have animal pets, (in case you have one). convince human beings to comb their the tooth each and each morning and each and each night. convince somebody to apply your common cleansing soap or shampoo. Your rely is additionally exciting, so choose for it.

Do it yourself.