promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Is there a way to get a CA DMV Temporary ID with picture?

I need to complete a drug test within the next 24hours for a new job a got hired for but even though a brought in school IDs (with picture), government mail in my name, birth certificate, and my social security card, the drug test place would not accept anything except for a CA ID or drivers license which got stolen along with my wallet about a week ago. Is there any way i could go to the DMV bright and early tomorrow and have them print out a temporary ID that HAS A PICTURE on it? Because i know the simple print out ones usually dont have pictures on them. Please help fast!

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

NO! The new counterfeit proof I.D.s and Driver licenses are NOT printed in California They are made by a company in another state. That's why it takes so long to get them.

Source(s): So Cal gal.
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 7 years ago

If you HAD a CA drivers license w/ picture - I think they have the picture on file and can reissue it immediately. Or maybe it will take a while for the state to actually re-issue the license with all the security crap they encrypt on the licenses. Maybe you could have someone from the employer go with you to the drug test place - or call them - and vouch for you and say they will accept the drug test. As long as the employer will accept it I would think the drug test place would go ahead and do it. Druggies are always trying to get stand ins to take their tests.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.