18th birthday, don't want to get too drunk?

So it's my 18th birthday this Friday and me and my mates are going out for a meal then out into town to a few pubs and things, now I'm legal to drink etc. etc. Only thing is, I absolutely hate getting badly drunk. I'll drink to my limit (maybe just above it) and happily drink at other events, but... show more So it's my 18th birthday this Friday and me and my mates are going out for a meal then out into town to a few pubs and things, now I'm legal to drink etc. etc.

Only thing is, I absolutely hate getting badly drunk. I'll drink to my limit (maybe just above it) and happily drink at other events, but I'm just afraid that with me being the centre of attention because it's my birthday I'll be peer pressured into drinking way too much and mixing loads of spirits and beer!

Basically, do you have any tips for me to try and resist the egging on from my mates and/or not get too drunk? (I know the whole drinking loads of water, eating lots trick etc. already though)