Why do Aircraft Carriers have no Sonar?

They are dependent on their Cruiser, Destroyer, and Frigate escorts. If there is no escort an Aircraft Carrier is a sitting duck and a Submarine could literally hide underneath it.
Update: I'm just saying that just because an aircraft carrier has escorts it doesn't mean it is 100% safe. There was an incident back in 1985 off the coast of Japan where the carrier USS Kitty Hawk CV-63 collided with a Victor Class Russian submarine. The carrier and its escort failed to detect and we collided... show more I'm just saying that just because an aircraft carrier has escorts it doesn't mean it is 100% safe. There was an incident back in 1985 off the coast of Japan where the carrier USS Kitty Hawk CV-63 collided with a Victor Class Russian submarine. The carrier and its escort failed to detect and we collided with the sub. I happened to be onboard the Kitty Hawk when it happened. I worked as an HT and got woken up around 2200, reported to DC Central and was ordered to do void testing Forward and Aft. If I am not mistaken another incident happened in 97' where the Kitty Hawk failed to detect a Chinese submarine.
Update 2: @Archangel: I may have gotten the dates wrong since it happened a long time ago. If I had copied everything from Wikkipedia word for word like you did I may have been more accurate. I do remember my former CO's name-Captain David Rogers.