Physics question regarding mechanics!!!?

My question is: If we throw a body up in the air we obviously apply some force on the body in the upward direction so that means force we apply is directly proportional to the distance covered up in the air(i.e more the force more the distance). So if I say that the total net force(applied force minus gravity)... show more My question is:
If we throw a body up in the air we obviously apply some force on the body in the upward direction so that means force we apply is directly proportional to the distance covered up in the air(i.e more the force more the distance). So if I say that the total net force(applied force minus gravity) which is acting in the upward direction is proportional to the distance covered then:- (F-mg) is directly proportional to distance. Therefore (F-mg)=k[some constant]*distance.
These are in S.I unit so F=mg+d
F=applied force
m=mass of body,g=gravitational accln.
d=distance covered in the air
So is my explanation correct?!!!
Please help me!!!