Ankle still hurts after six months?

About 6 months ago I inverted/sprained my ankle in a soccer game and it was a grade III sprain aka a really bad and painful sprain. I was in crutches for 2 weeks and a walking boot for 1 week. I was doing pt every day for 2 hours so my ankle would get better faster and stronger. Even though it still hurt, I was... show more About 6 months ago I inverted/sprained my ankle in a soccer game and it was a grade III sprain aka a really bad and painful sprain. I was in crutches for 2 weeks and a walking boot for 1 week. I was doing pt every day for 2 hours so my ankle would get better faster and stronger. Even though it still hurt, I was able to play on it and just taped it very tightly and wore an ankle brace over the tape. When soccer season ended, it didn't bother me much to run on and I thought it was better. But now every time I'm sitting/laying down or not moving it, and then get up on my feet, I almost collapse because I get excruciating pain in my ankle and can't put any weight on it. Also, I can't touch or put pressure against where the ligament tore or else it hurts and gets swollen. It's always kinda swollen and the swelling is really hard like maybe scar tissue I don't know. Anyone know why it's taking this long to feel better??
1 answer 1