Severe knee pain from running?

I am 16 years old and i have been doing track and cross country all my life. I have never had any major injuries while running. I have recently had a lot of knee problems on my left knee and i have been out of track for about 2 weeks. I've been going to the trainer and doing stretches, icing it, etc. It hurts... show more I am 16 years old and i have been doing track and cross country all my life. I have never had any major injuries while running. I have recently had a lot of knee problems on my left knee and i have been out of track for about 2 weeks. I've been going to the trainer and doing stretches, icing it, etc. It hurts when i walk and though i might be able to run on it it really hurts and i run with a limp, and i dont want to risk further damaging it. It hurts on the muscles in and around my knee and my shin.( mostly upper/ right above the knee) Not really sure what's wrong and why it doesnt seem to be improving. It felt a lil better last week so i tried running the 2 mile and then afterwards i couldnt walk and i've been out since. Any ideas?? (sorry this is so long)
1 answer 1