I am thinking of becoming vegetarian, and need some help with ideas?

I recently found out I may be allergic to red meat. This in mind, I am open to poultry, fish, etc. for now, but in the future I am considering the benefits and disadvantages of a vegetarian diet. If I were to become vegetarian, I know I could easily get the proper amount of protein, I just need to make sure I... show more I recently found out I may be allergic to red meat. This in mind, I am open to poultry, fish, etc. for now, but in the future I am considering the benefits and disadvantages of a vegetarian diet. If I were to become vegetarian, I know I could easily get the proper amount of protein, I just need to make sure I don't get bored. The reason I'm asking is because I'm also a bit picky-I am willing to experiment, but nuts and beans are some of my least favorite foods. I can't stand the taste of beans, and most solid nuts are rather untasteful to me. I can handle some nut-butters and will be willing to experiment with most vegetables (even though I sort of have a little kid's opinion of many of them). My favorite foods are fruits, and I like dairy too. Starches are fine, I just don't want a massive carb intake. My main focus is going to be protein for energy, with carbs as a jump start in the morning mostly. Any ideas or recomendations are greatly appreciated :)